Tuesday 22 July 2008

daddy!


I have never blogged about my daddy before, maybe I did but just probably some complaints about him. Well, we all have daddies whether it is our Father in heaven or biological dads on earth. My dad is definitely a great man though at times, he gets into my nerves. One of the most amazing thing he did for me happened when I was an infant. I can't recall what actually took place but the stories that my grandmother tells me really touch my heart. Based on my grandma's version of the event, when I was about 2 years old, she took me to visit her relative at somewhere near Heng Ee, that place was really prone to flood and half way through the visit, it began to rain cats and dogs. Soon, the water level rose and we were all stuck there; that time she did not even brought enough supply of milk for me. She began to panic and called my mom; after that, the water level went up so bad which caused us to go up to the top floor of the house. When evening came, the flood was not better. On the top floor, they noticed a man walking towards the house trying to fight the current of the water equivalent to the height up to his neck. My relatives taught that this man was insane for he was carrying a bag on his head some more. Lo and behold that insane guy was actually my dad, he was bringing milk for me.

My dad did lots of stuff for me that touched my life in every way. Although I never thank him face to face but deep inside I do appreciate it. I don't think he will ever read my blog. Anyway, I just wanna say, " I Love You, Dad!"

~esther~

No comments: